- This class is required for the CAPS designation – no exemptions or exceptions regardless of work history, personal experience, or knowledge level. It can be taken alone or out of order, but it must be taken, and it is highly recommended that it be completed as part of a three consecutive day class such as that offered by Master CAPS Instructor Steve Hoffacker. This class must be taken before enrolling in CAPS III.
- This is a one-day, 6-credit hour, standalone class that combines with the CAPS I and CAPS III classes to complete the requirements for the CAPS designation. This may be taken as by itself, but all the classes will need to be taken to receive the designation. There is no time limit as to when all three classes need to be taken.
- Because there is such a strong among today’s homeowners (and renters as well) to live in their home as long as possible – essentially indefinitely – people are searching for and requiring solutions in design, products, and services to meet this need. This is regardless of anyone’s current age or perceived level of ability or function.
- AIP (Aging In Place) service providers are answering this demand by focusing their businesses on creating new homes and renovating existing homes with design flexibility, pleasing aesthetics, high function and usability for all people, without regard to age, income or ability level, and regardless of life’s changes and challenges.
- This course seeks to enable participants to identify common challenges within the home and understand attractive design concepts that create a safe and comfortable environment for clients who want to age in place successfully.
- Participants will explore special considerations for estimating, scheduling, and executing the job while the client is in residence; identify legal and contractual considerations for providing AIP design solutions; learn about the categories of design and general building codes and how they relate and apply to AIP clients, and appreciate other factors that relate to creating effective solutions.
- The course presents various methods, techniques, and considerations, as well as structured exercises, for modifying home design and creating effective solutions for a variety or users.
- A downloadable pdf reference book is included.
- CE (6-hours) credits are provided for AIA, AIBD, AOTA, APTA, ASID, NKBA, and others.