Steve Hoffacker LLC, is an AOTA Approved Provider of professional development. Course approval ID# 7281. This distance learning-interactive activity is offered at .1 CEUs, introductory educational level for Category One, Occupational Therapy Service Delivery. The assignment of AOTA CEUs does not imply endorsement of specific course content, products, or clinical procedures by AOTA.
- This half-day (0.1 CEUs and 1 Contact Hours) elective class of original material by Master CAPS Instructor and AOTA Approved Provider Steve Hoffacker was inspired by and created to address the needs of occupational therapists as an introductory level class in Contemporary Issues & Trends for Category One, Occupational Therapy Service Delivery as you explore opportunities to leverage your CAPS training and provide non-clinical services in the home and community environments as a service or part of your business
- This course also is appropriate for physical therapists, consultants, interior designers, real estate agents, case managers, and others interested in providing a safe and comfortable home living environment for the public
- The prerequisite for this course is completing the CAPS designation program. While it can be taken by non-CAPS professionals as well, there are some references to the CAPS material that would be helpful to understand.
- This is being offered as a Zoom, synchronous, interactive, distance learning, live class with PowerPoint and is not self-paced or pre-recorded.
- This is not a required class for any designation but a continuing education course providing 1 hour for people who self-report their hours. Presently, the CEU hours count for AOTA, APTA, NAHB, AIBD, and NKBA designations, and possibly others.
- Steve Hoffacker is providing continuing content to those who have taken his classes and giving back to them in recognition of their ongoing support, by offering a series of free continuing professional education webinar sessions on a variety of aging in place topics with various experts to present them. These will provide additional education on important topics that generally are not covered elsewhere and provide continuing educations credits for your CAPS, and these one-hour sessions require advance registration but are free of charge
- Learning outcomes:
- – You will be able to cite at least 3 major techniques per program for dealing with various safety and mobility issues in a client’s home environment
- – You will learn three specific terms or names of features that are important to know or cite to clients when discussing particular home modifications and renovations
- – You will be able to explain when certain features are more beneficial to use for a client than others
- – You will be able to cite differences in various approaches and at least two reasons to select or avoid a particular process or technique.
- You might come away wanting to engage the person or organization featured on the program. That’s fine, and we would hope that you would want to connect with them and find out more about how to enrich or enhance your business or provide greater service to your clients. So many free online programs have content at the beginning (sometimes as an infomercial) and a hard-hitting sales message at the end. We do not receive any compensation from such interactions or transactions.
- Typically, the programs will be recorded for later rebroadcast or viewing on your own, but don’t count on it. Make every attempt to attend the program when it initially airs.
- Programs on aging in place and universal design products and techniques, using LinkedIn, lead paint certification, lighting, and similar topics are on tap for this year. Use the “Add To Cart” link above to register for the next program and to receive updates about upcoming webinars.